Done Watching, 2018: Table 19 (2017), Review

Wednesday, January 03, 2018


Tried to be quirky, a bit confused of what it wants, and a waste of time. Table 19 just so proves that sometimes... the trailer really is better than the actual movie.




Highs


  • They released a trailer that piqued my interest.
  •  I liked most of the songs they featured.
  • Good cast chemistry. 
  • There is a cute dog in this.



Lows


  • Turns out this movie isn’t as interesting as its trailer.
  • Anna Kendrick played that girl she always plays.
  • I have no idea what this movie wants to achieve.
  • A waste of time.





Basically the table no one really pays attention to at a wedding, Table 19 opens with Eloise being emotionally vulnerable. Sat with the misfits on the actual wedding reception, they form an unlikely bond as they go through unlikely circumstances together.



If one thing is decent in this movie, that would be Table 19 members' chemistry. Despite the very bad writing, the actors worked what they were given though it's not really much of a challenge. Anna Kendrick plays that girl she's been playing in all her movies. Lisa Kudrow is Lisa Kudrow. And you could tell I could say pretty much the same for the rest.



The trailer really led me to actually care to watch this movie. And sadly, only the trailer gave me the entertainment right kind of parts that I needed to see. For most of the time, the story enters the territory of cringe and I never liked being said territory. There were notable heartwarming cliches but there is nothing new.

A bit quirky, I'll give it that. But it tried too hard that it ended up being a huge letdown. I most definitely wasted my time on this one. 








---


I like watching things, and I love talking about them. Not to mention my low-key obsession with taking screen captures. I used to do little thread reviews on my twitter, which I still do to this date. I also have a dedicated Tumblr where I dump most of my screen caps.

In order to bring back life to my slowly dying blog, I have decided to post reviews of the things I have watched here in this place.

You Might Also Like

0 comments