BTS (방탄소년단): BTS Global Official Fanclub A.R.M.Y 2nd Term Membership Kit

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

June 17 2015


Well it's official. I am official. But since I am having problems with my fancafe level, you could treat me as a SEMI-official ARMY from now on.

I'm not even going to be all up whiny about this, I wanted this in the first place. BUT, if anyone who stumbled upon this post wants to help me reaching out to the fancafe admins that I still have not received my promised status, you are welcome to message me, or just comment down below!

So... let's get on with the goodies, shall we?

Recruitment period lasted from Friday, December 19, 2014 up to January 16, 2015. The Membership term is said to last for one whole year, from the 11th of February, 2015 to the 10th of February 2016. You just need an account from both the BTS Official Shop and the BTS Daum Fancafe.

There were also two types of application fees, one being domestic - which of course is the cheapest, 25,000KRW. The international fan application fee was 50,000KRW which includes the worldwide shipping fee. We opted for the cheap route, and had Ate Anne's friend receive our kits for us. Which also meant a longer waiting time, for we had to wait for someone to actually come to Korea to get our kits. For a cheaper price, patience is a virtue, so to hell with it.


December 14, 2015, the 555th day of BTS, was also the opening of the 2nd Term GLOBAL OFFICIAL A.R.M.Y. recruitment. A.R.M.Y. is BANGTAN's official fanclub name - which stands for Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth, and yes, I like the shortened version better than it's full name. The boys explained that A.R.M.Y. is military in English, the body armor and military are always together, which lead to the A.R.M.Ys to always be together with the boys. /b'awwwwwww~

Membership Benefits include:
1.) A.R.M.Y. Membership Card
2.) ARMY Special Goods and Event Book (Once per term)
3.) ARMY Lotto Show (twice a month and extra special events)
4.) Free pass for fan meeting (Once per term, advantage of first picks to choosing seats)
6.) First purchase benefits for specific items (BTS Official Shop)
7.) Official Fan Community Online A.R.M.Y. level upgrade. (Authority to enter 'ARMY Room' boards)
8.) Exclusive first pick reservations to BTS concerts (depending on sponsor agreement)
9.) Exclusive first pick reservations for fan club members to attend open broadcasting and events (depending on sponsor agreement)
10.) Chance to participate in open broadcasting participation events when new songs are released.
11.) Authority to enter the '2nd ARMY Room' board on Official Online Fan Community
12.) Authority to enter the '2nd ARMY Talk' board on Official Online Fan Community.
13.) And more special benefits.


As you could probably tell from the benefits above, that the only ones applicable to me are 5 out of 13. but if you would like to include the 'And more special benefits' part, we could settle down with 6 applicable things. But since I have no idea what happened with my long overdue level up status - I have submitted my claim at the fancafe, tyvm. Leaves me to only 2 applicable things out of the list.

One being the official membership card along with the special goods. And lastly the 'more special benefits' clause.... if ever that happens.


I'm not really particularly excited with the contents of the kit, because I really hated the weird looking yellow and blue camouflage theme going on with some of the goods. But I would like to salute Big Hit for the regal looking White and Gold packaging of the kit. It looks so fancy as hell. If only they maintained the whole gold and white theme all throughout, I could've enjoyed this kit much more.  


USER GUIDE
First we have this cute user guide, which was sadly only in Korean. And yes, let me reiterate that this is a GLOBAL ARMY membership, yes. But it was cute regardless, a little guide that for you to know what to do with the specific items in the kit. Fun fact, it was indicated that the pictures were drawn by Jimin himself. And the notes on the items were so cute, you can imagine them actually saying the words being such a tease.


ARMY .ZIP
An activity book - photo book hybrid of somesort. It's an event book especially made on behalf of BTS for the 2nd Term ARMY who will be spending this term together. It's filled with various missions, A+ photos, and all things cute. It's like Bangtan is reaching out to you with this book. For you can directly participate in it.


It includes precious photos of the boys, which I guess the majority have already seen since scans are like everywhere in the world wide web.


There are activities such as a crossword puzzle, a mentality test wherein you could tell who out of the boys your are soulmates with. So cute. The book is comprised of 5 floors, with 5 different concepts and activities.


Pouch
As much as I would like to say that I loved how the pouch looked so sophisticated, the deal breaker was its smell. I can't blame Big Hit or Bangtan for this matter, since they're not the ones who manufactured the kits, but the smell though, you guys... THE SMELL. It's like burnt rubber. And as much as I really want to put stuff in it, for it looks undeniably pretty, the smell ruined everything. I guess I need to buy some smell remover or somesort to fix the problem.


Overall, it's a nice pouch... that fits everything that was included in the kit.


Sleep Shade and Mini Towel
Oh the horror, look at those colors. It reminded me of their BTS NOW Photobook in Thailand pattern, but worse, because mustard totally invaded the color palette. 



Photo Set
Of course, one way or another... there will always be photo sets involved. It's a Bangtan thing. Photos are composed of same sets from the ARMY .ZIP. 


I really like the Wedding Shop concept the most... because you know how I am. 


There is so much to choose from. I am this close to framing them all to hang them in my room. But then again, I must control myself. 


ARMY PEN
Last but not the least, the BTS for ARMY Pen. I guess this is pretty much self explanatory. It's just any ordinary pens you have with you, I don't really like how it writes, so it maybe just for the sake of being an ARMY pen. 


This is the first ever OFFICIAL FANCLUB KIT I have every purchased in my entire life. I was so hard on Arashi back then, but I'm never close to even subscribing to their fanclub festivities. I guess this just goes to show how much I am willing to invest in a group like Bangtan. 

Overall the 2nd Term Membership kit is a treat for A.R.M.Y.s. You can just feel the thoughtfulness and love from Bangtan coming out of the kit. I may have not liked themed color for this year, I do hope Big Hit will realize that mustard and sea blue is not a good combination for the 3rd Term kits. What really made me scream and shout for joy is the overall packaging of the kit. I can complain about the little details, but there is no denying that the white and gold exterior of this kit is A+. 

I guess what I want to see in future kits would be uniformity, as well as practicality. Big Hit should take notes from SM fansites who sell their merchandises, it is well uniformed from the photobooks to the goodies, everything made sense. You could say that I am not a fan of the ones colored mustard and blue, but looking at it, you'll realize what I mean. 

But then again, who am I to complain about this little things, it's been all done and paid for. I have the kit now. And I'm probably just gonna store and cover it to maintain its mint condition like the rest of my goods. 

I would like to thank Ate Anne, for being so kind. For she took care of my kit, and even handed it to me personally, because I came to her house. To get the kit. Teehee. Thank you!


Are you an official A.R.M.Y? What do you think of the kit? What do you want to see in future kits? Leave a comment down below, I would love to know what you guys think! 

You Might Also Like

76 comments

  1. Omonaaa your 2nd membership kit so cooooool..Do you might know when they will do for 3rd term membership kit?I really want to know it >< btw this is my twitter @schaaaaa90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! :) Yes, I guess it's pretty amazing! :) The expected end of the term is February 2016. So they could start recruiting by December 2015 time, I guess? :)

      Delete
    2. thanks for the answer..and btw do we need to have daum acc so we can buy this thing?

      Delete
    3. If there are updates about 3rd terms can you send it to me too? Or they already started? Cz i have no idea and no friends of me are kpop fans... cries. My twitter: jiexi92

      Delete
    4. Will sure do, as of now there's no announcement yet. So just look out for that. (^▽^)

      Delete
    5. Could you please tell me too, because I really want to have the membership kit..
      And btw.. how much do we need to pay for the membership fee?? Please reply... THANKS A BUNCH^^

      Delete
    6. Please refer to this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-mycFVpB_K70ARvkKGyRKXb8eCZiqGWrxMg96esa7Jc/edit

      Delete
    7. Thankyou for this information. I am also looking forward for the 3rd term. I'll follow you Ms. Caroline Javier to keep myself posted. Thanks a lot!!! :D

      Delete
    8. Thankyou for this information. I am also looking forward for the 3rd term. I'll follow you Ms. Caroline Javier to keep myself posted. Thanks a lot!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I missed this, but I really want to be an official ARMY :( Hope they will recruit again and I will be able to join it and get the kit. I am so sorry that I missed this kit or the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm predicting they will recruit again this November! So better save up and get ready for that! Sadly, my benefit of having a levelled up status in the fancafe is still pending up to now D: I just emailed the BTS Shop and the fanclub staff about it, hopefully it will get fixed. :(

      Delete
    2. Good luck, it will surely be fixed, you have so many BTS things and merch it would be crazy not to level up. I cannot wait, I am already saving up. I cannot wait to see what this kit will contain ♥

      Delete
    3. Hopefully! The term will end soon, and I feel like I have not really paid for my money's worth :( So it's kind of sad. Hopefully they'll think more about it like what they did with the first one, I'm semi disappointed with this kit, tbh.

      Delete
  3. Was just curious as to if everything got straightened out for you? I was never leveled up properly and I also purchased the membership, have my membership card right next to me actually. It's quite frustrating to still not have this fix while seeing others I know getting to go into the section I also should be able to access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, nothing happened. I emailed the BTS store and they gave me the fanclub email. I got no response. Which really saddens me. Because, let's be real... the whole membership thing is not cheap. Which makes me think if I should purchase the next term's. It's sad. :(

      Delete
    2. I got the same answer as well. it's pretty upsetting especially being a foreign Army who isn't even getting the majority of the perks you're entitled to.

      Delete
  4. Hi! I saw you answer few of these questions but it is December now and i want to ask do you know when could we buy the third membership kit (or when you guess it will be released)?
    Also i want to ask something else. Could we join BTS Global Official Fanclub A.R.M.Y 2nd Term FanMeeting without being an official ARMY? If yes, do you know where can we get the tickets from? Thanks! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I have no idea when they'll be announcing the recruitment for the next one. All we need to do now is wait. With the event being an OFFICIAL FANCLUB ARMY Fanmeeting, you will need to be an Official ARMY to enter, but we'll never know, you could check the official BTS sites if they will be selling tickets for the public :)

      Delete
  5. The official website and the fancafe website are all in hangul.. uhukss..how can i understand all that.. i'm really into bts these days..eotokke? ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! (≧∇≦)/

      I do understand the frustration with the Korean language, but we can't really do anything about it, for they are a Korean band in the first place. You can refer to this post on how to join: http://bangtan.tumblr.com/post/46109658511/bangtan-guide-how-to-join-the-daum-fancafe

      I hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  6. how to upgrade my daum acc to lvl 2 it's really struggle bcs i cant read hangul :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I don't have any experience with levelling up, as I've heard they have these questionnaires you have to fill up. But it is in Hangul as well. The only way is to actually buy the kit, the Third Term recruitment has not been announced. So stay tuned for that. ( ゚▽゚)/

      Delete
  7. Hi I was thinking of joining the 3rd recruitment.I was wondering do I need to level up in the fan cafe first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It is a benefit for an official ARMY to be leveled up. All you need to do is wait for the Third Term recruitment to be announced for now. (≧∇≦)/

      Delete
  8. I was wondering if you're a member of the BTS ARMY without having this fancy membership stuff. Also do you know where the 2016 Worldwide ARMY meeting is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This is just an extra treat for fans, the Card has so many benefits if you reside in Korea. It's going to be in Seoul, from what I've heard.

      Delete
  9. I don't know much about what makes you ARMY and how it works. Could u explain, plz? I just became a fan a month ago XD......but I know all there songs and I caught up as fast as I could to present day BTS stuff. The fanclub is what I just don't get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supporting the boys and loving them makes you an ARMY. Being an official member of the fanclub is tad bit more intimate in a way, for you get to see more of the boys updates in their fancafe which is not seen in public, as well as many benefits if you're a fan in Korea.

      I hope that kind of helps explain it. :)

      Delete
  10. I don't know much about what makes you ARMY and how it works. Could u explain, plz? I just became a fan a month ago XD......but I know all there songs and I caught up as fast as I could to present day BTS stuff. The fanclub is what I just don't get.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi :D
    I am really curious about the payment, do I have to have a credit card in order to buy the 3rd recruitment ?
    Because that's what I needed in the official shop but I don't have one and unfortunatly I don't know anyone with a credit card either.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts ~
    Have a nice day :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ! If ever there will be a 3rd recruitment, can you pm me and help me since I have no idea how to join. Please and Thank you :) I really want to be a official ARMY :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can follow ARMY fan sites all over twitter for updates as well :)

      Delete
  13. Hi, I'm a new ARMY and I really want to become a member in the fan club to support the boys.But it's really hard because I can't understand Korean and I live far away. Luckily I saw your post, I really want to join the fan clubs and become a member. But i don't know what and how to start with, Can you help me please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! You will have to wait for the recruitment announcement first. It will be available in english and can be bought from the official store. So just be patient :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you :3, I think i might really need help with the register part and the recruitment, Can i ask you for help with those please?

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  14. I have a question. How did you join the BTS Official Shop. Did you have an hassles when trying to put in your contact info?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! There is a register option, and just like any other online stores, it's very simple and easy. I don't think I've had any hassle.

      Delete
  15. Hello, I'm A.R.M.Y from Serbia and I was wondering if you can help me with level up questions on fancafe? I don't understand what I have to answer and don't understand when Google or Naver translations translate. Can you pleeeeease help me? T^T ^^"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not a native Korean speaker. I can only speak the language(I can't read and write it.)

      Delete
  16. Hey I'm currently waiting for the third recruitement and I have a question! You sent it to a Korean address right? I might send mine to my aunt in Korea too but does that mean that you are considered a domestic army? Will I be able to change the address to my foreign address after the purchasing the membership?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only difference with sending it to a Korean address is the price. Since it's cheaper if you send it to a local Korean address. And I doubt you can change your address. Since being a member, there's no information change option I've encountered. So better just put in your real details or whatever is preferable to you.

      Delete
  17. Hey! 3rd Term seems to be around the corner, will you be getting it this time round too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hai!!i'm sorry for asking this..can i be an official member for this 3rd term recruitment even i have never join for the 1st term batch which last 2 years(i guess)?i really want to be an official army :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello can you explain me as a fancafe created? Pls^^♡?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do refer to this post: http://bangtan.tumblr.com/post/46109658511/bangtan-guide-how-to-join-the-daum-fancafe

      Delete
  20. hello can you explain me as a fancafe created? Pls^^♡?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do refer to this post: http://bangtan.tumblr.com/post/46109658511/bangtan-guide-how-to-join-the-daum-fancafe

      Delete
  21. hello, i was wondering if my membership expired (which is in 1 year) then my level on daum cafe will be back to level 1 or not? i just apply for ARMY 3rd term, and have no idea about this.. Thanks before..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should apply for the 3rd term to keep/retain your said level.

      Delete
  22. Hi!, I was just wondering if Bighit ever leveled you up in fancafe for your 2nd term? I registered on 3rd term and I'm a bit nervous that something like this would happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did. I just checked on it a month ago. Well, I guess if you put in the right details, all will go well.

      Delete
    2. Good day and thank you so much for sharing all these information! I have one question regarding the fancafe though. Besides the username, was there any wrong detail that caused your fancafe account to be leveled up late? did the fancafe staff message you about it? i'm kind of worried because i registered for 3rd term and i heard that they're already leveling accounts up but mine's still at level 1 :( thank you very much!

      Delete
    3. There's a board in the fancafe dedicated to that. You could check translator accounts about the announcement. :)

      Delete
  23. Hi! I'm waiting on my 3rd term kit to be shipped, and I was wondering how you level up to the full level in the fancafe after you get your membership card. Is there a place you input the number on the fancafe? I know you can level up to level 2 etc. but if I am correct, buying the membership gives you all the benifits on the fancafe (I hope so, otherwise I may have just wasted £50 ahah). Could you please tell me how you 'input' the info to get full priority? Then again I know you had trouble with yours, but I saw a comment saying you got it sorted out. Did you just email bighit? I'm worried incasethis is the case for me too ahah. Thanks so much!~♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went through most of the comments on this post and found most of the answers I was looking for. I'm thankful you know so much about it because otherwise I would be lost! I would still like to know the answer to my initial question though, about how to input or 'claim' your priorities on the fancafe? Thank you~

      Delete
    2. You're always welcome! It's a pleasure to help! :)

      As for claiming such and such benefits, it usually happens when the fancafe moderator levels up your account, as well as announces certain events, dates and stuff that you can sign up to join. So it's always a must to check the fancafe for updates and announcements to maximize your membership! :)

      Delete
  24. Excuse me :) I have a daum acc before. But really, I still don't understand how to buy the membership kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buying period for the membership kits and the recruitment for the the third term is over. Buying the memberships was thru a 3rd party website this year. Translators did tutorials for them. :)

      Delete
  25. Where can I buy it if I were an International ARMY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wait for them to officially announce the opening for the fanclub.

      Delete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Where can I buy the membership kit and how to be official fan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wait for them to officially announce the opening for the fanclub.

      Delete
  28. Where an I buy the kit and how to be an official fan? ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends. You have to wait for them to officially announce the opening for the fanclub.

      Delete
  29. Okay, I lost the two past recruitments but I am already preparing myself to join the official fanclub next year. I think that the shipment will be really expensive because I live in Brazil but I have my hopes up! So, I have just one question: When you join the official fanclub, you have to do it every year or it's just the membership kit that we can buy one by year? I am a little lost... So, I have to join the fanclub just once or I have to do this every time? Please help me! :x

    Nicolle <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      Yes, you have to sign up/renew your membership every year. You have to do it each and every time.

      Delete
  30. Hi, I was wondering how long it took for the membership to ship to your Ate's house in Korea, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise!

      It depends, since BigHit will send another announcement of the shipping of goods. And it usually takes about 1-3 months, from what I remember.

      Delete