BTS (방탄소년단): 'Now 2' in Europe & America (Photobook + DVD)

Monday, July 06, 2015

February 24, 2015 

Yes, you are reading that date above right. This post is long overdue. I am not even going to explain myself at this point in time, for it has been done. All done, ladies and maybe(?), gentlemen.



As per usual, my beloved package got held by the beloved customs people, again. Nothing surprises me anymore. I just totally gave in, and let them do their ways at this point.

I was one of most that panicked when the BTS Shop announced that there will be this special photo set thing that will be given to the first 1000(?) people who will order from their website. LIMITED EDITION is a really, really, big deal apparently. And it makes people go crazy, like what happened to me. So you get the point.


A huge improvement from the previous BTS NOW in Thailand Photobook(Which I am yet to review as well, stay tuned.), NOW 2 - BTS America & Europe is hella fancyyyyy. Boasting its beautiful hard bound exterior, holographic logo design, to the thickness of this thing... I'm sold. And I don't even need a special edition photo set to come with it(Oh Laline, you did that to yourself.).

So, for this series, the boys went to Berlin, Stockholm, Sao Paulo, and L.A. Which made me think, how on earth will they be able to up the game after like four places within the sphere of Europe and the Americas? 

First stop, we have Germany. A land dear to my heart, for I support the German National Football Team in everything, not that it's relevant. But nonetheless, needs to be said. 

Germany has this dark brooding energy all over. Accompanied by English translated lyrics that expresses angst on love that cannot be. It felt a bit sudden though, like there was supposed to be more than what was presented. It could be those photos before that was requested to be removed, but we will never know. 

Next we have my favorite set out of the four destinations, Stockholm. 

Vibrant pastel colors, mixed with  the boys' sweet expressions. Oh so precious, indeed. Stockholm never looked this good. Each and every photo makes me sigh, in a good I-feel-so-breathless-because-you-make-me-want-to-hug-you way. Because they're all just so irresistibly good looking. And just... oh you get the whole point. /eeeeeps Seokjin. 


The Stockholm stop is accompanied with the translated lyrics from the single, 'War of Hormones'. So it does makes sense how they're all up playful in your face. And I just want to mention, even though it's blatantly obvious here, I just really love their Stockholm stop. I just want to reiterate that... I love it. Love, love, love, it!


Next we have Sao Paulo, which in all honestly the part in the photobook where I am the least excited about. For I am never a fan of patterns of the clothes they were wearing. But atleast they gave me my favorite boys together, so all is good. 


Last, but not the least, we have L.A. Which goes with the translated lyrics of 'Just One Day'. Which is really understandable, during the time the photos were being shot, was also the time they were doing and/or just recently done with the American Hustle Life show. You could just feel the "WE LOVE L.A.!" that is screaming in every shot. And I can't blame them for that. It became such a special place for them.

If the Stockholm part didn't exist, I'm definitely all for it with LA. I really, truly, adore the the whole nautical concept. And c'mon, that Yoongi-Jimin photo above is like the cutest thing there is! 
And these three cuties above as well! ^^

And don't get me started on how breathtaking Seokjin looks. Which is probably the reason why even up to this day, which is like three months after I got this photobook, I still am not able to fully look at it properly. Forrealziesss. Just look at that face, is that even possible? I don't think so! 

The LA stop surprisingly took a sudden angsty turn, this time with the translated lyrics of 'INTRO: What Am I To You?' 

Which seemed to me like the boys just work dark clothes, and the filters made the whole thing seem so dark. So... everything felt dark. Just dark. 

Like the first NOW photobook, there is a Group Mission factor involved. But I'm not really particularly interested in this part... FOR NOW.

Unlike the majority of people who came upon this post, I still have not watched the DVD whilst writing this entry. And yes, since the day I got this photobook. So... the chances of me watching the DVD in the present tense is a bit low. Heck, it might come December 2015, and I still have not watched it. But we'll see. 

The Log corner is really nice. With the boys' answers translated in three languages. So nothing is lost. I must say, I agree with Seokjin's favorite shot. For that photo got me all red for a long time since. Oh dear. Oh, boy. Huuu. 

Overall, I must say the NOW 2 photobook is such a pretty fancy piece of art. Like I said before, it's a step up from the first NOW that the boys have released. 

Even if at times the concepts may not make sense at first glance, you could see that they really tried to incorporate not only the photos, but the lyrics of each song in each stop. Try listening to the songs whilst in a certain stop, I swear... it somehow made sense. 

All the fancy aesthetics and goodies aside, what really warmed my heart is the never ending dedication it showed that this photobook is dedicated sincerely, purely, and genuinely for the A.R.M.Y. I have no words. It's just so precious how you'll spot every thank you, every for A.R.M.Y message. It's just... oh gosh. Oh boys. You make me blush. And cry. 

PS. I got Taehyung's Bookmark. 
STILL IN MINT CONDITION
If anyone there - 
preferably from the Philippines, 
but anywhere else is fine... 
who is willing to swap for a Seokjin bookmark, 
THAT IS STILL IN MINT CONDITION
just do give me a heads up!



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. The photos in this photobook are so gorgeous, I kind of want it more now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH LALINE, such a lovely xD thanks to you now i've decided to buy this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, SERIOUSLY?! (≧∇≦)/ That's so nice to hear! Thank you, and enjoy your copy!

      Delete
  3. I'm crying over the Taehyung bookmark (2 years 2 late lmao ok)

    ReplyDelete