Letters to July 2015 | 29 by Caroline Javier

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 23. 2015



This blog post was inspired by 
Emily Diana Ruth's Youtube Series, 
---


Dear July,

That was fast huh? And in just a day or two, you’re about to leave me again.

The last time we saw each other, I was staring at the ceiling, questioning my choices in life. The next thing I know, here we are, surrounded by friendly strangers, under fluorescent lights, and a long to-do list.

So much had happened, July. So much surreal things. Funny how things take a turn, huh? 

I’ve always been scared. Afraid of what is yet to come. The fact that I have no idea of what’s next frustrates me so much. I’m trying so hard to prepare myself, I swear I’m really trying. I don’t want to make mistakes. You know I hate that the most. And I’m mad at myself for being like this.

Remember our last meeting, July? Yes... that was a pretty shitty one, huh?

There is something about looking back on things that makes my heart both skip a beat, and feel a swift kick. I can’t help but be so all up about it. Looking back, I have met so many. I have lost so many. It’s a never ending process of being careless, naive, and well, occasional gloom. 


I must admit July, I’m frustrated with how gentle you are being with me. There were drizzles of rain at times, but you always tend to follow it up with a warm and cozy hug. Maybe because I was not used to this? That I was somewhat melodramatic each and every time we meet, that now… I’m surprised. Taken aback with how things are somewhat working out recently.


I guess... I should be patient with myself more. For I cannot just start out being able to do everything myself, right? Thinking about it, just because something is too much for me now, does not mean that it will always feel that way.

And recently, I’m more positive… surprisingly 'proactive'. And that should be a good thing, right July?


I’m not perfect, July. I make mistakes, but I try my hardest not to make one. But being uptight could also result to so many things. I process a lot of things with so much caution, you know. And yet, I feel like I have the tendency to put down people’s feelings, and perception of me, because I’m such a person.

And I get that, I’m shit at that. But can you blame me, July? I’m lost and confused about it myself. I’m just living life. I'M CLINGING TO MY LIFE. I’m eternally grateful to the few who understood. And sincerely apologetic to the ones I have hurt. For at times I do that, some people get it, some people just don’t. 

I have revised this letter for so many times, July. And I hope you don't mind that. It's been a while since I have written a letter.And that last one was somewhat hard to write, to be honest.

I must tell you something, July. I'm not really sure if I should. But since you're reading this, I hope you don't laugh. 

You know those times... when you feel out of breath. There are times when you feel so paranoid, and pretend to do other things so sloppily. And there are times when you just have no words to say. And look at this one person, in a room full of people, then immediately look away. Hoping that person won't notice. It’s childish and scary. 


But I feel like I’ve been feeling vulnerable, July. You know that I’m usually guarded, at ease and sure of things. I hate this. I truly hate this. You could say that I’m somewhat romanticizing things, and I hope just am. I really, truly hope that I am. Seriously. It’s not something that I’m used to. This is not those dramas that I watch, this is not those things I read about. It's somewhat happening to me in a sense, but I don't like it. No. You know what,  I sometimes want to be a rock instead. For rocks do not feel things. And at this point in time, I’m okay with that happening.  

Do me a favor July, tell your friends to not mess with my head, especially my heart. Tell them to help me. Please?


Oh July, you have no idea how glad I am to actually do this. I never thought that writing to you will result to this. And I’m glad I did.

Thank you July, for seeing me again. And for receiving this letter. You have no idea how thankful I am. Though I’m sad that you have to go, but be rest assured that we’ll see each other once more.

Also, say hello to October for me! Tell him I love him! 


Xoxo

Laline

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautifully written, Laline ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CITRAAAAAAAAA ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

      Thank you so much, heehee (*≧▽≦)

      Delete