BTS (방탄소년단): 화양연화 pt.1, The 3rd Mini Album

Monday, July 13, 2015

June 1, 2015


Oh, youth. A fleeting period in one's life that could somewhat be compared with blossoming flowers in the spring. Pretty, yet not everlasting.



The anticipated comeback album comes with nine tracks, including the title song I NEED U - which I am not a fan of. It's great, but I never loved it as much as other tracks. It was said that the album will be composed of two parts, with 화양연화 pt.1 being the first part of two parts. I'm guessing the second part will come out in the autumn? Just a guess. 

The album was released during the time I was on a much needed hiatus, I was approximately a week late into checking this album out. But as expected of me, of course, I need a physical album to fully devour the awesomeness anything BTS puts out. 


I decided to get the PINK version, for it's the most marketed one out of the two versions they have put out. And as much as I want to spend on getting the blue/white version, I felt like the Pink one captures what the album is all about, physically. And I am glad to have made that decision, despite my further hatred with the color pink.


It's not a BANGTAN release without concept lyrics involved in the most random-est places in the entirety of the physical album. Nevertheless, I loved how it was played in this album. The album, though pink, is just beyond pretty for words. It matched the whole 'blossoming age' theme that they were going for.

As for the photos, what more can I say? Bangtan looks flawless as always, no doubt about that. I really love Seokjin's outfit in the ephemeral concept set. Look at him, he's just too good looking for my own good. /puts hands on chest to protect heart.


There are also blank lined portions in the album, which serves as a space fansigns, I guess(?). Or since the physical album plays out like a pretty notebook in general, it could be there for one can write her most deepest thoughts if she wants.


Following the ephemeral concept comes the black and white shots of the boys together, having fun. I'm honestly not really a fan of their outfits in this set, as well as the wet look for their hair. But as usual, they pull it off.


3. Hold Me Tight 
Hold Me Tight is my favorite track out of  the whole album. To the point where I cried while listening to it for the first time. It's that too much for me. The emotion, the flow and the depth, it's too much for me to handle, I'm telling you. I have also recently found out the Seokjin is involved in the making of this song as well. Not that I'm being biased or anything, but let's just say that my ears and my heart just knows. 


Laline's Note: I only found out os Seokjin's involvement in the song whilst browsing through the physical album once again to do this review. 

9. Outro. Love is Not Over. 
It's always like this. I always end up liking the Outro, if not most, it always lands on my favorite tracks in every Bangtan released albums. So didn't really come as a surprise that I'm gonna love this album's OUTRO.


As what you will notice in every track, a couple or more members participated in the making of the songs. Which came no surprise to everyone, but an interesting bit to see them showcase such tracks, apart from being just Yoongi and Namjoon.


Overall, 화양연화 pt.1 is a great album. An unexpected mix of  musical showcase which involves more of their songwriting, both improved vocals, and rap. I may have not fancied the title track for this album, but the unpromoted tracks made up for that. It's hard to actually criticize everything at this rate, for I am honestly still not over how much I like this album, and being blinded by my overall bias for the boys.

And c'mon, you know it's a great album when you get Seokjin as your album photocard. Think of me badly all you want, but this right here... it's destiny(That I get the photocard... and eventually marry him in the future).


I ordered my album from KPOPTOWN.COM - they were so kind enough to even put in a card set of the boys well! Thank you KPOPTOWN.COM!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww, you got the pink version of the album, I wanted this one as well but got the white version. But it is BTS anyway so I am happy with it. I was actually about to take some more pictures of it and I made the unboxing video to post it on my blog ^^
    I got Jin's photocard too, I really like the necklace, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UWAAAAAAH! I actually wanted the white one, I really hate the color pink, but I felt it was appropriate to actually purchase the pink one instead. Are they different from each other, or the contents are the same? I never really checked out the white one.

      I kind of made it, I bought this letter necklace set from Bershka where you can form words.

      Delete
  2. The pics are the same, but I am not sure about the lyrics on the pages with the photos, but I guess they are the same :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to press reply and I just commented again, sorry ^^

      Delete