Roy Kim: Home

Monday, January 26, 2015

January 7, 2015


What are the things that remind you of home?


Released just a day after(October 8) my birthday(October 7) last year, Roy Kim dropped his sophomore studio album. Which featured nine tracks in total, including the lead single, Home.

Along with my physical copy of his first album "Love Love Love", my dear friend Joanna also bought the physical copy of Home for yours truly.

Who can say no to a face and voice like Roy Kim's right?


The whole album sounded so fragile and melancholic from the first song to the last. I must say, there isn't one track that held it down. Each and every track evokes both the feeling of loneliness and the bliss of thinking about one's home. It was filled with emotions and stories that made me sigh, and want a cup of warm tea.

My favorite track out of all is the song "날 사랑한다면/ If  You Love Me". I really loved the pacing of the song along with the mix of beat and guitar. Especially its whole message about not wanting the person you love to leave you. Each and every word has this thing on me, it's blissfully bittersweet.

The moment you came to me, I drew you out several times a day and looked forward to the future. (If You Love Me - Roy Kim) 


Like his first album, the CD is designed to look like a vinyl. But for the HOME album, the color is now gold that goes well with the theme of the whole packaging.


Instead of his photos, the physical album for Home includes drawings that most probably reminds Roy Kim of the concept home. It also seem to fit with the lyrics-spread part of the album, which I find very well thought of. I particularly loved the starry night portion for the Thank You lyrics.



The album also includes the flyer/ad for Roy Kim's Home tour, which I sadly wasn't able to attend to whilst I was in Korea, I was this close though.


So if you are in the mood for reminiscing... or just plain I-just-want-to-relax kind of mood, listen to Roy Kim's HOME.

You Might Also Like

0 comments