AKMU (악동뮤지션): Play

Monday, January 12, 2015

January 6, 2014

Pretty things, such pretty - fairytale like things.



One seemingly hot day, the sun decided to be so bright, that I had this crazy funny idea to shoot some of my new albums. I was actually covering them, and I was kind of bored, so it lead to this. Well you get the whole point right?



I bought this physical copy of AKMU's PLAY during my Korea trip last year. And I am definitely glad I did! The album is like a fairytale book in disguise. There's a pop-up thing going on too, which makes it more special.


Sibling pair Akdong Musician, aka AKMU released their first studio album early April last year, entitle PLAY. Famously known for winning the Second Season of the show "Kpop-Star", this brother and sister team signed under YG Entertainment. Which also makes this album the first ever YG produced album I own.

I loved each and every song, for it felt so easy in the ears. Made with simple melodies, endearing and straightforward lyrics, AKMU delivered raw and natural sound that is definitely new from their signed company's previous releases.  Out of all, "200%" is definitely my favorite track out of this album. With me having to play it 2 weeks straight, non-stop.

I loved how the physical album won my heart as well. For its magical looking scribbles, that cute pop-up figure of the duo, and a lyrics book filled with ethereal looking images of the two. What can I say? Korea aced its physical album releases each and every time.

With everything so delightful and dream-like, you could say I'm definitely excited for the siblings' future releases!



You Might Also Like

0 comments