2015: July Favorites

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

July 30, 2015


It's that time again where I talk about things I loved, 
and what mattered to me the most this past month. 
Here's my July 2015 favorites: 

Music became the highlight of the month. I found myself listening to different songs each, and every day. That also meant that I kept on changing the songs included in my shower playlist as well. And as for this, section of this post, I swear I tried my hardest to take out as much songs as I can.


Walk The Moon’s Talking is Hard album
No words. I have no words. I love this album. I wish I could say that this is my album of the month. It is of a certain level higher, I guess. I have so much music I listened to this month, I can’t even pick one. But Walk The Moon certainly captured my heart. Funny how I was actually just going to download one song out of this album, because I’m not really an avid western music listener. I’m glad to not have done that, for ‘Talking is Hard’ is gold. There’s no doubt ‘Aquaman’ is my favorite song out of this album. Quoting from the band’sofficial site, “‘Aquaman’ tenderly tells  the story of a reluctant, victorious romance.”. And who doesn’t like the sound of that?

Also do check out ‘Different Colors’, ‘Avalanche’, ‘Portugal’, and ‘Come Under the Covers’.


Ciara’s Jackie album
I hate myself for not checking out this album earlier. I kept on seeing the 'I Bet' music video on TV, but it didn’t particularly made me want to the download the album. The abundance of Ciara news in the beginning of the month(blame Philip Defranco) forced me to finally check ‘Jackie’ out. The remix version of ‘I Bet’featuring Joe Jonas became my instant favorite. Along with the track ‘Kiss and Tell’ which landed in my beloved shower playlist.

Also do check out ‘Dance Like We’re Making Love’, ‘Fly’, and the sweet ‘I Got You’.


Demi Lovato’s Cool for the Summer Single
Need I say more? I love Demi. Also check the song's lyric video, which looks amazing. I prefer it more than the music video. 


Rixton’s We All Want The Same Thing Live Performance
There is something about Rixton’s live acoustic performance videos that makes their songs sound more awesome than it already is. And I don’t have a problem about that happening. I just love Rixton in general, and I’m probably super biased when it comes to this part.

And oh! If you have not seen it, watch their live acoustic performance of the song Make Out, which I totally love. 


Kisum’s You & Me (심상치 않아) feat Jooyoung
Let’s be real. Anything with Jooyoung is for sure, AWESOME. He made Sistar’s version of Shake It sound like garbage, mind you. So yes, I am being completely biased towards Jooyoung in this. Let’s not forget how I love Kisum. I never really am a big fan of female rappers, especially in KPOP. But Kisum made that concept so easy for me to swallow, and I loved that. I love how subtle and safe she did it. And not all up in yo’ ass kind of approach. And eeeeep! Watch the video because I’m definitely shipping!


Molly.D – A Better Day Mini Album
I honestly do not know who this guy is. I just randomly clicked download on his mini album when I had the chance, and I’m glad I did. He reminds me of Beenzino with a mix of Geeks, and I find that refreshing classic, and acceptable within Laline standards. Which is a good thing. I really enjoyed the whole mini album, that I can’t even think of a favorite track, so I recommend listening to it as a whole. 


Eluphant’s Man On The Moon Album
Another Korean Hip Hop entry coming from Eluphant. This album is filled with featured artists, and I am not complaining about that. I love the mix of all the tracks. And I love how every song feels different from each other, but they blend well when you listen to them as a whole. I especially loved the track titled (Flower).


Crush’s Oasis Single
It’s a Crush song, of course it good. Unfortunately Zico did the whole scream-like-shit-because-he-being-crazy-but-he-just-sounds-like-he’s-being-strangled type of rap at the end of his ment, if ever that is considered as rap in this track, and it all went downhill from there, for me at least. It ruined everything. But I love this song nonetheless. 


Hwayobi’s 연애는 하니..?(Are you seeing somebody?/Do you love somebody?) Single
THE FEELINGS. It made me feel so GUHHHHHHHHHHHH. The moment Hwayobi sings, I sigh. The ‘hugot’ factor in this song is too much for me to handle. But it’s so good. And it makes me feel things. 

***SOMEBODY CORRECT ME, If I have translated the title right.
 I’M JUST NEW TO TRANSLATING WRITTEN KOREAN WORDS, 
I’m more of the speaking side and I;m just currently mastering basic letters, so. yeah


TAKE’s 주르르 Rainy Day Single
Sweet voices, singing beautiful lyrics about rainy days. Yes. Yes. Yes. It makes me want to get me-self a cup of hot chocolate and just stare out the window while it’s raining. Yes. 


Papertowns Official Soundtrack
A kind of a late addition to my music favorites, would be the Papertowns movie official soundtrack. I loved the movie. I love how real it is, and it also shows through its soundtrack, which I instantly loved. Search Party is an absolute favorite of mine, as opposed to the other promoted tracks. There's also this song by Nat and Alex Wolff called Look Outside. At this point while writing this sentence, expect me sighing. Because I really came to adore Nat Wolff at this point in time because of the movie. More than I imagined. Moving on... 


Brush Pens - Zig Scroll & Brush in Navy 
Writing on almost anything changed after I got these babies. They make my handwriting look and feel so decent. I bought these two for less than PHP 50 in National Bookstore. I will need to get myself more of the Zig & Scroll pens, because I’m just in love. IN LOVE! …with the pens of course


Adult Coloring Books - The Girls' Colouring Book by Buster Activity
Such a great stress reliever. I love coloring things in general. So this is an A+ for me. My current book is great as well, for it’s not shockingly hard as the ones you see out there. So if you are a noob to the whole adult coloring craze, pick one of these books outs. It will condition you to move forward to those super detail ones. And since we’re speaking of adult coloring books, I would also like to commend my sharpener, for being the best sharpener there. Thank you!


Wolf Cap - EXO Customized Wolf Cap in Maroon by Seoul’d Out Manila
July was the season of drizzles and thunderstorms. And it’s not enough to shield yourself from the rain with an umbrella, you have to fully protect yourself with a cap too. Or that’s just how I roll. But oh goodness, this cap. I’ve had it for a year or two now, which says a lot. And it’s still something I go back to. I even wear it while jogging as well. It’s just for everything. It’s a great cap. A great, great cap! And yes, once there was a time that Laline was so head over heels towards a group named EXO, and a guy named Baekhyun.  


Sneakers - Ardene Floral Sneakers | New Balance 996 Mint | Nike W Fusion Tr 2
Like I have said before, July is a bipolar month with unpredictable weather. And with that, I have fully let go off my girly ways, in  a way, by just wearing sneakers to almost everywhere. Which I find very favorable. My feet feels so comfortable with my decision, and that’s all that matters. 


Cleansing Oil - Human Nature 100% Cleansing Oil with Sunflower Oil
It does the job. It’s cheap as well. So there’s nothing that will make me hate it. There was a time where ants swarmed around it though, but it was a minor and natural thing to happen, so I can’t blame a cleansing oil for being so irresistible to ants, no? I will probably repurchase again, since I’m close to running out. 


Facial Care Routine - Himalaya Purifying Neem Cleansing Astringent Toner and Face Wash
I have been using this for months now, and I just wasted this long to include it in my favorite to fully test it. And well, it’s amazing. I love this tag-team. They do their job, they’re cheap, and my skin love these two to bits. There was a time where I ran out of the toner, and I had to use the generic one I have at home and it doesn’t feel the same. I also love how it maintains my skin, for whenever it’s that time of the month, it controls the mess that tends to happen on my face. And I never really break out that bad nowadays, thanks to these two.


Lip Tint - The Face Shop Lovely me:ex My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint
Since I got the Banilaco. Garosu-gil tint, I just had to get myself another one. And I had to settle with what’s available within my reach. Which landed me to The Face Shop’s lip tint. And yes, as expected I love it. I got the cherry(?) color, so it’s more natural look-seeming with me. I love how it looks whenever I apply it, gradient-ish style. 


BB Cream - The Face Shop Face It Magic Cover BB Cream
Like everything listed I love it. One thing just sucks though, it’s so light on me. There’s not darker colors available. So in the beginning I’m paranoid with how white-ish I look. So eventually I decided to mix in a darker colored weightless foundation to it. And it’s magical. I love how it covers everything from redness and stuff like that. That’s why I can’t let it go. So good thing I thought of mixing things. Which resulted to my satisfaction, oh yeah! 


Brush - Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I have done it. I have bought something so unnecessary, and undeniably crazy expensive. I saw this in most os Essie Button’s videos, and I felt like I had to get it. PHP 675 for a brush... woah, Laline. Wow. At first I was using it for applying BB Cream. I love how soft it feels on my face. It’s not like the brushes I’ve had. Sadly, my BB Cream applies more smoothly with a beauty blender, which makes this brush kind of useless for a while. And I don't want to give it up, given its price. Since it blends everything all well. I've recently been using it with my highlighter, I am definitely pleased. 

Fragrance Mist - The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose Brume Parfumee
2-3 years ago, I have found my signature scent, which is the Victoria’s Secret Noir Tease. I sadly finished three bottles. And eventually gave up on getting it again, since it’s not available in my country. Recently, the Victoria’s Secret opened shop at the SM Megamall, which resulted to me weeping, for my signature scent retails for more than I expected it to be in this country. On the bright side, thank goodness I went into to The Body Shop store during their sale period and tried their perfumes. For their White Musk Smoky Rose smells exactly like the Noir Tease. And I felt relieved to find a cheaper dupe. Hurray, Laline’s scent is back! 


Shirt - Regatta White Boxy Type dress shirt. 
I just love boxy shaped clothing. So when I saw this displayed while shopping, I had to get it. I'm not really a big spender on clothes. Because c'mon, ya'll know that 60% of my savings goes to Bangtan no doubt about that. I'm glad I took a leap of faith and asked my parents about it. Because I definitely love it! Thank you Mom and Dad, for understanding my tendencies, and lack of focus when it comes to buying things.

Motorino Pizza, Greenbelt.
Whilst writing this draft, I kid you not, I'm recalling the taste of the pizza that hunted me since I ate from this place. It's making me crazy. Motorino's is not particularly one heck of a great tasting pizza, but it just hits the right spot. It reminds me of that one pizza place I went to when I was in New York. And now it makes me miss New York. I need to eat here again. Need.


Hole In The Wall, Century City Mall.
I guess July is a Hole in the Wall month. I found myself eating at this place every weekend. It's ridiculous! Not that I'm complaining though, The Beef's fries are sent from heaven. And my sister and I just can't get enough Bad Bird's Umami chicken. Acccccck!


2 Days & 1 Night, Season 3: Friendship Trip
Park Bo Young and Cha Tae Hyun reunion? SIGN ME UP! I really had a great time watching this special, for Bo Young was being adorable all through out.


BTS V App Self CF
The boys looks incredibly good. And the hastag #VALUABLE Jin exists. Need I say more?


Klaus Teaser
I got to know about this during a business meeting, and I'm pretty damn sure I went crazy. I still can't believe that the thing I watched is just a pre-production teaser. Damn, animation, you never fail to amaze me. You can watch the teaser clip here


The Beauty Inside, 2015 Trailer
Yoo Yeon Seok, Lee Jin Wook, Park Seo Joon playing one man. Well damn, where is it? Sign me up! I'll spare you the details, but if you really want to know, read it here. This trailer got me all pumped up so bad, that I was this close to booking a flight to Korea just to watch the movie. Damn. I'm excited. 


Cereal Time - Play Doh Movie Challenge with Jack Howard
It involves Jack Howard. Can you blame me for liking this? Blame Jack Howard instead.

Papertowns Movie
Hank Green said everything that I want to say. I loved it. And quoting Hank Green "It's movie is full of normal people having normal but wonderful moments." And that's what made Papertowns endearing to me. 


JinLine - BTS Summer Package Photo Teaser
Yes, I felt the need to put this in. I had to. And I want to. 

[Seokjin's Preview Photo from 10Seconds]

JinLine Day Outfit
I'm not gonna say anything. It was him who did it. Not me. I freaked out when I saw this, and I'm not even the right place. I was at the office. The 15th of July was definitely one of my favorite days of the past month. For it never fails to make me smile.

You Might Also Like

0 comments