BTS (방탄소년단): Summer Package - 방탄소년단 in Kota Kinabalu 2015

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 14, 2015 


Titled the 'BTS Summer Package in Kota Kinabalu 2015' - the boys surprised us with this bombshell, where they headed to a paradise that is Kota Kinabalu, without even telling us! GASP.


Gone are the days where I use the dramatic sun rays as a part of my obsessions un-boxing posts. Manila's weather has suddenly gone bipolar. Which is sort of a good, and bad thing.

Warning! Long post ahead. It took me days to complete this post, not that you need to know. I hope you'll stay put in the end, though. Or you can just look at the photos instead of reading whatever I typed. That could be good too.


I was a bit apprehensive towards purchasing this year's Summer Package. For I hate dealing with my country's customs regulations. But I guess, none of those rules matter if Bangtan is the subject matter of the conversation. I mean, I've been doing this for more than a year or two, what am I even complaining about, right?  

The good news? I was not taxed for this package. Hallelujah!


The package includes: 1. Photobook 2. DVD 3. Travel Pouch 4. Travel Nametag 5. Travel Case 6. Stickers. And based on what I've seen so far there is a Korean and Japanese version for this package. Where the Japanese one gets an extra random card.


Unlike its predecessor(which I will be writing about next, don't worry!), this year's Summer Package is very well thought of, and probably the first Summer Package of the series that fits its name.

And I love how the concept of a care box is being played out for this package. I find it thoughtful, sweet and adorable. Like who doesn't want to receive a  vacation care package from the boys, right?


Aside from the package contents mentioned above, I also got a Poster and a Fan, which was given to those who have ordered the First Press(?) release.

The poster is just perfect. I like how candid it looks. And it makes you want to jump right into the ocean behind the boys. Well I for one wants to do all the cheesy couple stuff with Seokjin by the sea side because of the poster alone, but that's just me.

The fan is cute too! And you'll just feel the ARMY love. Which is well appreciated.


Stickers
Love, just love. Look at how cute those stickers are! My sticker loving self is screaming with gusto! As much as I want to use them, I fear of ruining them. So for now they should stay in the box. But soon, hopefully, soon. I'll find a way to use them with me not being paranoid that I'll ruin them. 


Look at them pretties! Ugh. The emphasis on each of the boys age is very evident in the whole package, not only on these stickers. But I guess it goes well with everything. For I find it very endearing myself. 


I especially adored this Chim Chim sticker above. Because who doesn't adore our Jiminnie? NO ONE.


Pouch
If only I have known that I would go crazy over the water proof pouch, I should've purchased at least three Summer Packages. The pouch, could appropriately be described as 'ON POINT'. It's so pretty! And yes i'm shouting that at you! My sister even wanted to snatch it from me, it's that pretty. 


I'm a sucker for small thought out details, and the pouch satisfies that detail loving geek inside of me. Look at that BTS Summer Package edition logo! Amazing. Concept person, whoever you are, I applaud you. You is awesome, seriously. 


The print is basically the stripped down version of the stickers. And that just made everything even better. People should send a bunch of flowers to the person who thought of this, seriously. Amazing. 


Bag Tag
Another item that I am afraid to use, for I don't want to damage the pretty. I love how practical it is. But the OCD in me wants to maintain everything in mint condition. So that should be an eternal struggle for me to face. 


DVD
Another Bangtan DVD that I am not close to watching anytime soon. I got so excited for the teaser they released. But I guess, the the lazy side in me is still evident. I should probably set aside 3 days somewhere in the future and just marathon all my un-touched Bangtan videos and DVDs. Because the list just gets longer day by day. 


Photobook 
Boy, oh boy. This post is long one, huh? Anyway, finally we've come to this part. As usual, I will not be covering a page by page coverage of this gold. I'm only be featuring a selected bunch. 


If ever you have this Summer Package, watch the DVD first before you browse the photobook. It will make you connect, and appreciate the contents more. For you have seen the whole process before it becomes what it is. But it still is pretty enjoyable to browse through, but that's just in my opinion. 


Upon turning the pages of this photobook, I kept asking the question 'WHY??!!??!!' in an appalled, semi-offended, kind of crushed manner. For how are these photos even real to begin with?! HOW?! WHY?!?!?! TELL MEEEEEE. 


The pacing of this photbook reminds me so much of the ARMY.Zip from their Official Fanclub ARMY 2nd Term Membership Kit. Which I loved. The mix of photos, stories, and notes makes everything so endearing and easy to connect with. You could feel the thought that the boys want you to experience everything with them. 


It is as if they were on a field trip in uniforms! ADORABLE! Writing this entry, reminds me that I should seriously watch the DVD first. Oh well. I chose this path. And I shall go with it. 


Look at how pretty the water looks in the background. Guhhhhhhh, it makes me want to get out of this place and drive to the sea. But the weather here in my country is bipolar recently, so I guess it won't work out. Also, just look at Jimin in the photo above. Damn. This kid, stop. Someone stop this kid, por favor. /hides just in case Seokjin is around. 


Now you won't spend your days wondering what will the boys' instagram feed would look like. It's like a printed version of Bangtan's could-be instagram feed. It's so cute. I salute you, Photobook layout people. 


And here you see Bangtan donning shirts you will never, ever get to own. Because it's a Bangtan-member exclusive, of course! I want one though. Let's wait and see if Big Hit will take action and sell these bad boys.

And in the corner you'll see me weeping, because just look at how GLORIOUS Seokjin looks in that photo above. UNBELIEVABLE. UN-FREAKIN-BELIVEABLE. 


The pool pictures were so cute too. And no one is shirtless as well, so good. I won't go mad. 


The white and jeans thing is very much appreciated, especially if it's Bangtan. Because they basically can rock everything. EVERYTHING. 


This part of the photobook got me all frustrated because the touch of Black and White made everything so much better. Like the colored ones would look nice as well, but the whole black and white edit made everything level up in the visual appeal and pleasing factor. 


And yes, since I can't get enough of them, I had to take pictures in a different angle as well. Just because. 


I'm not specially into the whole Sweet Room concept part of this photobook. The boys still looked great, nonetheless. It's just that the concept thing going on is a bit off for me. But I like this photo above of the 95-line. 


And finally, if you're still reading this entry, congratulations! I was not expecting this to be this long as well. So consider us both to be surprised. And here, we've finally arrived to my favorite section of the Photobook!


And what is a Laline's Bangtan Photobook review without a dose of Yoongi-Jimin in photos together. Because Laline likes Yoongi - Jimin bro-ing it all out. For they make Laline feel things. Because that friendship is precious, yo! 


I guess this is the chill, last day part? (Forgive me, I have not watched the DVD yet. And it might take me a long time to do so).

But seriously though, this collage part is made up of so much candid photos, it makes my heart sing. I love it too much. TOO MUCH. 


I really like how there's this picture diary thing as well. It really felt like a cute little field trip for the boys. And they had to pass it to the ARMYs. Precious beings they are, indeed. 


And are you worried that you'll be searching the net for translations on the captions in this Photobook? Have no fear, because they're already translated in English! No need to pester your friends who can Korean do all the translating for you.

Big Hit heard your complaints, you guys. They listen. 


It's an undeniable fact that Jimin is the clear winner, slayer, and absolute dapper in this photobook. A boy with that face, who will not be swayed? 


But then again, we know who the clear winner in my heart is...


It's the man named Kim Seokjin himself. Look at him looking so regal, ethereal, and unreal with those bubbles. How is he even possible, you guys. HOW?!?!?!


That one factor that I love about the whole Summer Package is the abundance of thought towards Bangtan's dear ARMY's. It may not be much, but everything was felt on my part. For each and every page, every item, or even every corner. The ARMY love is evident.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Seeing all your pretty pictures and reading this makes me more excited about receiving this Summer Package ♥ I love your pictures, the stickers are so cute, I think I will not be able to stick them anywhere, as you said, I do not want to ruin them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you! (*^▽^)/

      Thank you so much! And I know, the stickers are incredible. It makes me want to buy another Summer Package just to get a spare! But yeah, I will probably just keep it in its box for now. I don't want to ruin them at all costs.

      Delete
  2. im a new fan of bts ate, the name army is for official fans of bts lang ba? or for everyone naman? Ang hirap po pala nito no, di po ako marunong mag korean tas first time lang maging fan sa kpop. May guide ka ba ate kung paano makasurvive sa pagiging fan? and di rin pala ako mayaman ate huhu i really want to become an army but how can I? If I can't understand the korean language and I'm not rich huhu labyu ate ganda ng mga post mo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      1. ARMY is for everyone who loves BTS, official or not. :)
      2. There's no guide. PAGIBIG LANG LAHAT. HAHA.
      3. You are already an ARMY if you love and support them! Hindi naman kailangan maging mayaman! I'm not great with Korean either, but I'm going along just fine. :)

      THANK YOU!

      Delete