Yoo Yeon Seok for High Cut Mini Vol. 116 - Dec 19 2013 - Jan 2, 2014

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 2, 2015


When you read a particular quote from someone like Yoo Yeon Seok, you just had to open your fandom treasure chest and verify if you really have that one particular issue of High Cut. And guess what, I have it.




I laughed at myself for actually semi-surprised to know that I have this particular issue. This is what happens when Bangtan turns over your life, folks. You just forget the other things. Sometimes.


I got this Mini High Cut last year, as a little goodie from a good old friend. I'm not really sure if I brutally forced her to get me this issue. But there is a high possibility that I did.

I remember how ridiculously invested I was towards 'Reply 1994'. I fought off people I know just to defend Chilbong's honor. It just had to be done.


As time goes on, it's not only Chilbong whom I was cheering for. I was cheering for Yoo Yeon Seok. I inevitably watched all his appearances, read interviews, and even this close to hugging a friend to death because she missed Yoo Yeon Seok's free hug session whilst she was in Korea.


2013 slipped by, Seokjin happened. Yet still a little space in my heart is dedicated to this Ultimate Oppa. He was someone I cannot just disregard. He's my Ultimate Oppa after all. And no one can ever change that. Even Seokjin, since Seokjin and I are of the same, he can never be my Oppa.


There is just something endearing about him. Somewhat organic, genuine and true. Which brings one of my favorite quotes he said in this interview:

"I concentrated on developing and playing great characters 
through the medium of indie and short films instead of through mainstream movies. 
Through this method, the number of roles had increased, and I didn't become impatient through my long period of anonymity as I was honing my craft."


I stumbled upon that quote at the Yeoniverse tumblr page here. They're awesome! The best! Follow them! 


Despite his age, his desire to hone his craft more than just surviving this industry is something that hits me. And I am glad to have watched him grow, not only in the present but in more years to come.










You Might Also Like

0 comments