Toby's Estate Manila: Salcedo Village, Makati

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

January 26, 2015


I've been meaning to visit a Toby's Estate branch for months now... and finally, one fine day in the month of January, it became a reality.

Upon kind-of-a-thorough research(for we were supposed to go to the BGC branch, but later found out it was just a little to-go corner) and Krisha's help... my friend, Geiya and I landed at Toby's Estate, Salcedo Village, Makati City. 



Originating from Australia, Toby's Estate promises to "provide an uncompromised coffee experience to the coffee-loving community". 

Geiya and I was a bit hesitant to try out the meals they offer, we were still full at that time coming from a lunch out. The place was also filled with business people - for we went there during a weekday. You could tell that somehow we were abit out of place. But it was such a cozy place to stay at, it didn't matter much moments after. 

I decided to try Carmen's Best Ice Cream in Dark Chocolate flavor. 


I honestly never liked the idea of dark chocolate, but for this ice cream... I loved it! It balances out, not shocking you with distinct bitterness, but giving you that sweet taste first, before the dark chocolate taste. I really loved that.

After a lot of thinking, Geiya decided on her coffee too! She got herself the Long Black. Which after one sip... there appeared stars in her eyes. She really was delighted to have ordered such a treat.


She also decided to try the Calamansi pie/cake that one of our bosses recommended for us to try. Which just hits the right spot, I could actually see it being a good a combination with their coffee.


We spent quite a long time talking in Toby's Estate. It was such a perfect place to for such long talks about life and things in general. It honestly felt like a Sunday brunch, which I liked.



And since we are in a coffee shop, to actually try their coffee... even if I'm not a coffee drinker(TEA DRINKERS FOR LIFE YO!), I decided to try their flat white which was the most recommended amongst the articles I've read about Toby's Estate.




The flat white was just right. It was smooth, rich, and pretty... I could not ask for more.




If you're in it for meaningful conversations over divine coffee in a very cosy place, stop by Toby's Estate!

Toby's Estate - Salcedo
Shop 6, 125 LP Leviste St.
Salcedo Village, Makati City


P.S. 

 Jiwo and Sumin also enjoyed their stay! Check that out as well... for they bullied me and even got so feisty when I tried taking a sip of their share of the coffee. 
 I would like to thank Geiya for coming with me to Toby's Estate! Hihihi... I was so worried that we might get lost, but look! Here's to more coffee shop adventures, dear! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments