SEVENTEEN (세븐틴): Director's Cut Special Album, Sunset Version Review

Wednesday, March 14, 2018


 I told myself that I'll stay away from anything Seventeen as much as possible (for they are rude good looking and genuinely talented boys who don't know when to stop AT ALL), but here I am giving you a rather late review of their latest Special Album called Director's Cut, and my sister got herself the Sunset version.





This post is not sponsored.
The physical album featured in this blog post belongs to my sister. 



To be specific, this is the second Special album I've personally seen and my sister has owned. Seventeen transformed from cute pastels to neutrals, and for the better. I love how simple and straight to the point this physical album is, and most especially it is SPECIAL alright.

Director's Cut includes a 76-page Photobook, a random member CD, postcard set, photo card, and lenticular card.





76-page Photobook

There's no denying that each and every member of this group is so goddamn good-looking, so obviously, may it be seventy-six, a hundred or even a thousand of pages... the photos would definitely turn out breathtaking in any angle.

And yes, believe it or not, I really had a hard time picking out my favorite member photos. But given my slight bias toward certain people, these boys clearly won the game for me:






Random Member CD


I used to hate the concept of random member CDs. I feel like, it's one of the make or break factors that could ruin the whole physical album set for you. But given that I love each and every member of this group(like I do with Monsta X)... it doesn't really bother me at all now. 



Member Post Card Set


The member postcard set was a nice touch.I loved how each photo is not the typical ones, as well. They're more like the candid type, so it feels kinda personal in a way. 



Photo Cards



Apart from the postcard set is the usual photocards that always goes with physical albums. But for this one, it's more than one and goes with a really cheeky business card.  


Given that this is a Special Album, my favorite songs remains the same from Change Up, to Rocket and Trauma. I just love that really catchy, clean, and upbeat bops from the boys. It's a bit regretful that my sister only got one version for this release, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Given the number of good looks and cheeky freebies - all is good. 


This album has been purchased from G-Market. 


This post is not sponsored.
The physical album featured in this blog post belongs to my sister. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments