Done Watching, 2017: June

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Here is everything I watched for the month of June: 





I remember hating on Oho Ou in the film "The Left Ear", because I was so biased with Yang Yang back then. But look at him now, making me gush. This film was definitely carried by him, as he should. I just can't get enough how adorable he is in this. The film was made of pretty, yet honestly very tiring after the second act. Which happens what I always have felt in most Chinese Youth films, Don't get me wrong - the leads were great in this. Having to watch the original Japanese film, I guess, you could say I'm way over the whole Leukemia plot. But overall, I enjoyed the cuteness. And that's what mattered to me.








I feel like I've watched plenty of Komatsu Nana stuff this month. First on this list is Drowning Love - I never really read about this when I watched it. Since I want to be surprised - so at first Suda Masaki's character is some sort of a god. The build up of their romance is so raw and eclectic - the tension is always at its highest level. Then out of nowhere, like OUT OF NOWHERE they'll be cute together. But in the end, I find the two leads' relationship somewhat violent and too much. The intense pushing and pulling at this point was honestly making me uncomfortable. Overall with as to how the whole film was done - I kinda liked it(but not really). As to how it turned out in the end - that, I'm not yet so sure. The portrayal of Japanese youth's irrational behavior was refreshing yet went overboard. That it left nothing in the end. Leaving me unsure of the film's whole point. 




Some people (like me before) would think of The Met as a yearly party but it turned out to be so much more. The documentary featured the 2015 exhibition "China: Through the Looking Glass" - which is still by far my favorite Met Gala year. Also in a very unrelated note, I screamed my mind out because apparently, Thom Browne is the partner of the head curator responsible for the Met Gala. Going back, I loved how this documentary started out with how the Gala came to be. And how it followed Andrew (the head curator, Thow Browne's partner) from Day 1 to the main event. I honestly did not care most about Anna Wintour's parts - because that was when the whole documentary went into a different direction. At the end, it felt kinda sad - because you would think it was gonna be everything about the making of the gala. But in the end, it was just about Vogue wrapping it up for us, claiming the responsibility, that it's their thing - not the people behind the gala that made it happen Resulting to the documentary not getting the closing it deserves. It was really interesting though, how everything came together - which the documentary was able to pull off (but not that well, I'm afraid.). 









The only reason why I even watched this is because of Yang Yang, let's be honest. It was a waste of time - but I got to see Yang Yang. 








I watched a similar story with Mackenyu as the lead. I feel like Japan had a phase with time traveling/dating thing since Orange was released. But this was alright til' the second act - it honestly was kinda tricky for me to have the patience for Sota Fukushi. But it was alright. It was definitely Nana Komatsu (and a bit of Masahiro) who carried the film. This was the first film I watched of Nana - which is nice(she's better than the lead guy.).








The beginning was cute and promising, but the story was not consistent enough to keep me watching. Sadly a miss that didn't have a good closing.









This was so fun. I wish every super hero movies are like this - FUN. 



I decided to re-watch this drama for the reason that I need more Masahiro-Anne in my life after ending Gochisosan. I actually never finished this. And I guess I now know why. I never really was particularly interested in how the story goes. But I guess because I needed my fix I was able to be patient enough to end it this time. 





This seems fun. I'm kinda iffy with some factors of it - but I'm willing to take the risk. I'm taking it slow with this one, as I'm gonna watch it one episode a day or something. 









Now that it's out that I only have Chae Hyungwon in my mind... I guess it was an inevitable thing that I ended up watching this. Thanks to KBS World for putting this out with subs, I still can't put my head into actually watching a show that was meant to teach foreigners the Korean Language. And since I'm biased as hell - I'm just thankful that Hyungwon's first actual acting stint was decent. He was actually decent enough for me to be patient and watch til the 13th episode(it's still ongoing so...). I really loved his background story in this, so if you have time to spare, please give my awkward actor turtle some love.  








Because web dramas are my shit. As well as, cute stuff! I gave into this. The thing I hate the most is the wait. But that is the risk I'm willing to take! 







I was planning on watching this after it ends - but Monsta X made a cameo and I need to watch it ASAP! 









🌠🌠🌠



What's the show you loved in the month of June?
What do you think of the stuff I've watched this month?

You Might Also Like

0 comments