South Korea, 2017: Spring

Wednesday, August 02, 2017


Months had passed, and to this day, I still find myself wanting to go back. Seoul, you're definitely something else.



Limited by tour schedules and rules, as well as the watchful eyes of our mom - you could say this was not really the comeback I had hoped for.

But then again, this time it was not just my trip. Because for the most part, it was a trip where I'm with the people I care most about, especially my little sister(as it was her birthday trip after all.).


I found myself mostly taking pictures of her back whilst we go around. One of the most notable highlights I'll forever not fail to remember would probably be the moment she got to see Seventeen Mingyu's bus stop ad, which I decided to go see (for her) at the last day of our trip. She blushed, haha!




I regretfully was not able to improve on documenting this trip, I was not in a good place whilst this trip happened. Even with the goal to upstage last 2014's trip, I ended up not picking up my camera and most of the time just taking bits and pieces on my phone instead. Regretful in a sense, but I needed the headspace, I guess?

At the end, it became somewhat a cure to what I had been feeling for a while now. And that I'm definitely thankful for.

Setting aside my personal feelings, here's some fun stuff:

1. Convenience Store Finds

2. Staying at that Ski Resort where they filmed Goblin.

3.  Witnessing one of Korea's biggest public protests ever. 

4. That Oh Haeyoung Cafe.

5.  Standing close to North Korea.

6. The Kakaofriends Store in Gangnam. 
(We kept on thinking about Monsta X's visit when we were here. 
And that was during the time I had no idea who they really were back then. )


7. The abundance of Ryu Jun Yeol ads I saw during the whole trip, I felt blessed. 

8. Going around the city by bus and subway without any problems.


9. Yonsei University on Yoo Yeon Seok's birthday. 

10. Fooooooooooooooooood.


I would like to give a well-deserved shout out to my 친구, Murphy. Who was so kind enough to show us around Seoul despite his busy schedule. You made the trip 10 times better, my friend. Thank you. 

And lastly to end this entry, I've compiled bits and pieces of videos that I made into a little video blog:




I can't wait to come back again, South Korea. You are always missed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments