2015: August Favorites

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

August 30, 2015


It's that time again where I talk about things I loved,
and what mattered to me the most this past month.
Here's my August 2015 favorites:


Clover (2014) 


I casually watch Japanese movies out of habit. Clover, with the looks and feel of it, it's very different. Reading reviews, people tend to say that Clover is too long for it's own good. I disagree, because I love how it was phased. I love how the different stages were somewhat laid out meticulously. Not to mention how surprised I was with Tadayoshi's performance in this movie. He may have played a stone cold man, but you'll see little by little, a view of his genuine side.

I liked this movie so much, that I watched it 10 times. It could be because I can't get enough of Takei Emi and Tadayoshi together. Or the feel good feeling it leaves me whenever I watch it. But nevertheless, I loved it.

Heavenly Psycho - Kanjani8

This is an oldie, but a goodie. Being Laline, I felt the need to dig up Kanjani8 songs after watching clover. And I found myself listening to this song on loop.


Attack On Titan


Most people hated this movie. But strangely enough, I was okay with it. It has so many flaws splattered all over it, but what can we do about it? The concept itself is difficult enough to turn into a reality, let's cut this movie some slack. Or am I just being nice? I'm actually not sure.

It still made me somewhat look away from the screen. Feel disgusted. And somewhat feel the feels. Still not comparable as to how the Anime made me feel. But more like a new form of feels. So I guess, this could pass(?) 

Koinaka


Wrapping up the Japanese type of stuff in my favorites list for the month is the drama called Koinaka(Love Relationship). It's been a long, long while since I watched a Japanese drama. I think the last time I watched one was way back 2008-09?

Koinaka is very flawed for a drama. One being the lead actress doesn't know how to act. I can't even believe she was picked for this part. Since Takei Emi already has a drama this season, I guess that could be it.

But what made me list Koinaka as a favorite for the month of August is the fact that it made me want it more. It could be that aching feeling I get whenever I watch every episode. Or the fact that I'm rooting for Sota Fukushi's character Aoi, to not only succeed but move on forward with life as well. So in essence, yes, basically I'm watching this drama for Sota. Yeahp. That could actually be it.

Philip DeFranco 
quote from 
Reality Vs. Internet Perception Video


I love Philip DeFranco. I've been watching his videos for a year now. And this particular quote above really stuck with me this month.

Basically, I'm a fangirl. I obsess on things. Like obsess, obsess. The kind of obsess, where sometimes it could seem like it's very unhealthy. And I mostly feed on stuff that is for show. That I feel like that are not for show. And in this video, where Philip mentioned the quote above. It gave me another lens cap to see the world. With the words above in mind, I felt like I'm more aware and practical with my choices. My unhealthy obsessions became acceptable and in line. Rather than something that could eat me up, and lead me to disappointments. And that's why I just really like this quote. 


Sourcefed


I don't know. I just really, really like Sourcefed. I get to know stuff that I 'need' to know. The hosts are cool.

Sourcefed Nerd


Apart from Sourcefed, there's also a channel called Sourcefed Nerd. Which I like better. Because of what else, it gives you all things nerd. I love Sam, Maude, and Steve as hosts. For they represent how I am towards certain aspects. For example, Maude towards Star Wars. Which is like the cutest thing, ever.

DoddleVloggle


Because Dodie is adorable. And her Veda is adorable. 

Jack's Favorite Movies Vlog



Because I trust Jack Howard's choices when it comes to films. This needs to be in my favorites as well.

Mitchell Hope or Prince Ben from the Descendants


Descendants was kind of awful. But I held on, for Prince Ben was being a precious little pup the whole time. And I was kind of glad I did. For he was just... precious

Inside Out

I was not expecting to cry my heart out. I do believe that this was supposed to be a children's movie. But it gave me so much feels, I have no idea what to feel after. I'm still recovering. 


Survey Backpack from Herschel Supply Company


FINALLY! I've been itching to buy a new backpack since I started to work again. I was a bit apprehensive to buy one at first, for I feel like it's a huge investment. And I was kind of torn between buying one or the Star Wars Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper Black Series Figure.

Relaks It's Just Pagibig


For the love of Antoinette Jadaone, I decided to give this movie a try. I never really liked Inigo Pascual as an actor, given his disappointing performance in 'She's Dating A Gangster'. But to my surprise, and somewhat expected  turn of events, I liked this movie. It's simple. Straight to the point. Very light. And just, about love.

JaDine


Okay. So... here we are. There will be a few sub-topics/sub-favorites within this part of my August favorites. For there are so many factors about these two people that just makes me want to root for them. As a team, as well as individually. 

On The Wings of Love


Let's start with the one that started it all. If you know me, I never am an avid Teleserye viewer. The last teleserye I kind of faithfully watched was this drama called Tayong Dalawa with Gerald Anderson and Jake Cuenca. But the thing about Filipino Teleseryes is that it's too heavy for me. And I don't want to deal with shit especially on TV. 

But 'On The Wings Of Love' felt different. It's light. It's fresh. It looks so pretty. Everything looks so pretty. And who doesn't want a two cute bickering individuals to end up with each other because they are bound together by marriage for convenience. 

I like the transition of shots. The timing of the songs. As well as those little moments that makes the whole episode come together. Each episode doesn't feel forced, for it always wraps up so poetically, it will makes you just sigh, and hate the fact that you will have to wait tomorrow for another episode. It's that good. So good. 

Nadine Lustre's Instagram Account

I stopped using instagram months ago. But I still judge people with the looks of their instagram accounts. I just can't help it. And one of the factors that made me love Nadine is her well curated instagram. 


I'm going to be super honest, I thought of her as that one celebrity account where you'll see ads, unflattering edits of selfies and short unorganized videos all over the place. But she proved me wrong. She's on the edgier side. Everything was well thought of. Everything is just pretty. And I really admire that about her. It's not everyday you see a celebrity that showcases such a well curated account. And that says alot, for me. 

Their Music



I don't know if I'll hate myself for this, but I gave in. I remember a year ago, my little sister kept on telling me to listen to this guy named James Reid. Who at that time, have no idea whatsoever of. Fast forward to now, where his songs fill up my shower playlist. Funny. 

After watching their GGV guesting days ago, I found myself spellbound by James Reid's voice. It was surprisingly good. Which lead me to downloading his two albums. I hate you Dubu - if you're reading this, for making me listen to him. 

The song above titled 'Huwag Ka Nang Humirit' gave me that Gary V. vibe, and the music video was decent enough and on point to prove that he's got the everything when it comes to performing. I also liked the song titled 'Babalik' from his Reid Alert album. 

But there's no stopping there, for it's not only James who could belt it out. Nadine was also a former girl group member before her movie debut. Which brings us to their duets:


Their duets, was surprisingly bearable. And I mean that in a good way. For I have set three of their songs together as an integral part of my Shower Playlist.

I rarely listen to OPM, and whenever I get the chance, it will mostly likely be the old ones. But these two have proven me wrong. I found myself listening to No Erase, Bahala Na, and Hanap Hanap for whole week straight. And I'm not yet near to stopping that.

Now, if Viva gets the chance to read this entry... please make a Nadine and James Duets album. Specifically with the song titled 'At The Beginning' by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis. For that song is my favorite.

Their Dance Prods


I'm not gonna lie. I took advantage of the replay button. It's just that, it's too good to even land on television. I could be extra biased, but I like how ASAP keeps on giving them productions like these.

There was one dance number they did that was not uploaded on youtube. I kid you not, I scoured the Jadine tag on twitter just to see if there are links to that number. Eventually landing on iWantTV, whom I'm very thankful for.


My App Boyfie


I watched this during the August closing long weekend holiday. And I'm glad I did. I was honestly thirsty for anything James and Nadine at that time. And I decided to give this mini series a try. And I loved it.

#JaDine


They have a reality show. Filled with up close and personal inteviews, behind the scenes, every day life and things like that. But let me repeat that again... THEY HAVE A REALITY SHOW. Viva sure knows what the people wants. Because this show is currently in its 40th episode to date.

I did not particularly watch each and every episode... yet. But, I found myself watching it from time to time. Preferably on weekends where I need my James and Nadine fix, for there's no On The Wings of Love during the weekend. I especially liked the Valentine's Day episode where James did an event to show Nadine for how thankful he is, for she is his Partner In Crime. /cue me screamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

Jadine - James Reid and Nadine Lustre


[Photo Credit]


How to even start? Given the factors I have given you above. I still don't know how to properly express everything. So I'll try to write it all down in the most understandable and hopefully short, and on point as possible. 

I must admit, at first, I judged so hard. On how on earth they suddenly appeared out of nowhere. And people are actually cheering them on. I'm like questioning everyone's choices at that time. With me having absolutely zero idea on what's going in the local entertainment scene.


Fast forward to now, where I'm currently writing this entry, telling you how these two individuals deserve your attention. There is something about these two beautiful individuals that when put together paints one hell of a romantic masterpiece.

Talented. Edgy. On point. No bullshit. That's how they are, both as a team and individually. Mind you, they put the emphasis on being just PARTNERS IN CRIME. No courting, being in love bullshit, that the media forces them to be.


The admiration I feel for these two goes beyond their physical attributes. They're obviously two good looking people. But their dedication to their craft, the fact that they have this mindset of  being a team makes everything so easy for someone to get sucked into their presence. That effortless chemistry that makes everyone shriek because of delight. The undeniable magic that happens whenever they look at each other. It's not something that could be done through years of public persuasion and media manipulation. It just happens. Once you get to know more of James and Nadine, it's impossible to turn your backs on them. They're that magnetic. 



People could say that I'm being very poetic and obsessive over the fact that these two. But what can I do? Have you seen this, this, and this? And yes, I swear they are also "JUST FRIENDS". But just look at the way they look at each other, especially James. He has this thing, where he will just stare at her lips, it's too darn cute and too much to handle.



I won't get all cheesy with wrapping this whole thing up, but I'm thankful these two came along. For I greet the night with a smile. And they're a big part of that. (And hopefully. I'll get to meet the two of you soon!)







You Might Also Like

0 comments